Thursday 3 March 2016

Zits- CHILLAX By Jerry Scott

Zits- CHILLAX
By Jerry Scott
Illustrated by Jim Borgman

Have you ever wanted to go somewhere and you don’t want your parents to say no? So you do everything to change their minds. That’s what Jeremy Duncan did in the book Zits-Chillax. Jeremy, Hector, Tim and Peirce are the main characters. Jeremy and Hector are best friends.

Jeremy and Hector want to go to a Gingivitis concert but they don’t have tickets. One day when they were in their van listening to the radio, they heard that there was a prize for the tickets, they called. They won the tickets, but they didn’t know how to tell their parents. Jeremy, Tim, Peirce and Hector are all in the same band. Jeremy and Hector love Gingivitis.

One day, Tim went to band practice and told everyone that his mom has cancer. Everyone was shocked and sad for Tim. Pierce and his mom shaved their heads bald for in support for Tims mom. Jeremy and Hector asked their parents to go to the concert. Jeremy and Hectors parents asked why? Jeremy said that he would go to the concert in support for Tims mom. Hector also told his parents the same thing. Will Jeremy and Hector go to the concert? Read the book to find out.

I recommend this book to teenagers.

Review by: Bernard M




11 comments:

  1. Star : Great cliff hanger It really excites me to read the book.

    Star : It makes me think of a connection when my parents wouldn't let me go somewhere fun :c

    -Juan Elegado

    P.S gr8 b00k m8 I r/8 8/8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job telling the story but spoiling key plot lines and also I noticed you explained the character good, but I wish you recommended this book better and said some other books the author wrote.
    ~Cooper Dyck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now want to read this book! Thank you for posting this review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the hook at the beginning. Relatable.
    I also liked the cliff hanger.
    I wish you wrote more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star: I loved your hook it really got me interested in your review
    Star: I like how you gave a problem and not a solution to get the reader more hooked in
    Wish: I wish you had given more to read because your review was that good
    By Ian 8B

    ReplyDelete
  6. star I like your hook because almost anybody can relate to it.
    star I liked the cliff hanger because it really makes the reader want to read the book to find out what happens.
    I wish you added a little more detail.
    Robbie 8B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like who your hook was it hook me in to your story
    I like how you explained you cheaters
    when Tim's mom got cancer you could of left it as a hanger
    Nathan. warren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star: I like your hook! It relates to every single person I know.
    Star: You explained the characters really well and how you explained their relationships and connections with each other.
    Wish: I wish you made a paragraph strictly to one topic and not a bunch of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star: I like how in the first paragraph there's already a summary of the book.

    Star: A good hook that also relates to (probably) every single teenager.

    Wish: I wish you gave an opinion on the book.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  10. Star: I think you have the best hook I've read today because I think you really related to a lot of people.
    Star. I think you did a great job explaining the book.
    Wish: I think you could have made the last paragraph a little more clear.
    By: Nyah Edwards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. By: Lexie Desjarlais 8B ^
    !

    ReplyDelete