Thursday 3 March 2016

Box of Shocks By Chris McMahen

Box of Shocks

Growing up is very hard when your parents cramp your style. I found a book that reminds me of how hard it is when parents are not as adventurous as you are! In The Book Box of Shocks, the main character, Oliver keeps a secret box filled with shocking items that he finds where ever his adventure takes him. The box is hidden in a wall, behind his closet door in his room. Then one day, his world came crashing down on him.
        
Oliver was walking home from school when his mom stopped him from going into his house. While he was at school his mom and dad bought the house across the street and surprised him by moving everything all over in one day!!
         
Not everything though. As you can imagine Oliver was beside himself, as his mom and dad didn’t know about the box in the wall. However, a new boy moved in, and Oliver befriends him to try and get back into his old house.
        
Strange things were going on in that house now that scared Oliver! He watched it everyday from his bedroom window. He needed to come up with a plan to get back into his old house.

Do you think he gets his Box of Shocks back??

You need to read the book to find out.


By Leslie Kolbuck

7 comments:

  1. Star: I like how you make a connection to real life and how when you want to be adventurous but you can't because you parents want to keep you safe

    Star: I like that you made it suspension full and left it on a cliff hanger

    Wish: I wish that you would of had a rating and also some of the other books the author has written

    -Steven Simmonds 8C

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice hook with proper sentence structure. you created suspense almost in every paragraph. I wish you did the rating of this book by Kamal deep

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you created a cliffhanger for your story and the way you made the book sound more interesting. I wish you had a recommendation, rate and put the name of the author. -Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star: I like how you make a connection to real life and how when you want to be adventurous but you can't because you parents want to keep you safe

    Star: I like that you made it suspenseful and left it on a cliff hanger

    Wish: I wish that you would of had a rating and also some of the other books the author has written

    -Steven Simmonds 8C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how you started the review
    great hook
    I wish you've made it a bit more catchy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your phrasing as it makes me wonder what's in the box, how his parents moved everything over to the house across the street in one day and why, and what happens to his box of shocks.
    Your use of punctuation made me very interested to read the book as you sound very excited, which makes me think the book is very good.
    I don't have a big wish, but it would have been nice to give an example of one of the items in his box.
    -Thomas (8B)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked your cliff hanger of the book, it gets most people in suspense.
    I wish you wrote more because this one is good.

    ReplyDelete