Tuesday 8 March 2016

Smile by Raina Telgemeier

Smile

Author: Raina Telgemeier

Illustrator: Stephanie Yue

Recommend Age group: Grade 6 and up

Genres: Humor, Drama

Rating: 4 stars out of 5!

Raina is only a seventh grade girl who just wants to fit in, but when she falls one night after girl scouts she realizes she the only reasons she’ll fit in is because she has as many problems of two seventh grade boys combined. First off her so called ‘friends’ are starting to change, they all used to wear their hair in pigtails and braids but now apparently pigtails are for losers. Also there’s this new boy from band his name is Sammy, Raina really likes Sammy but he’s in sixth grade and Raina’s in seventh and she’s worried all her friends will call her a baby for liking him. Don’t even get me started on Raina’s parents, suddenly they are becoming more stricked and mean. They won’t even let her hang out alone with her friends. Like what even?! And remember Raina’s big fall? Yeah that fall caused her teeth to get pushed into her gums and she had to get mouth surgery, braces and she has to wear a retainer with fake teeth in it. 

Worst of all…………….. She Afraid She’s Lost Her Smile!!!!!!!!! 

Will her teeth ever get fixed back to normal?!

Will her parents ever let her do anything fun??!

WILL SHE EVER GET HER SMILE BACK??!!?!


If you enjoyed this book you may also like the sequel Sisters or another great book by Raina Telgemeier called Drama.

By Brianna

8 comments:

  1. Star: you did really good and I liked the part were you said that the people not letting her hang out with the people she wants to .
    Star: Nice cliff hangers and good job.
    wish: you could add more words in sentence.
    BY: john

    ReplyDelete
  2. good littering
    good punctuation
    wish you had more

    Nathan warren

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great how you introduced the main character to us and how you put a bunch of emotion into what you wrote. I think you spoiled to much of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. star: your review is making so much suspense at the end with so many questions.
    star: I also like where you wrote you recommend this book to 6 and up. by kamaldeep
    wish: I wish you had a hook the connected with your review with that the review would've become more interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star: Your questions are engaging and want me to read the book cause of the mystery.
    Star: I also enjoy how you describe the characters and some of the story of Raina.
    Wish: I wish you made a connection. Also I wish you didn't say as much of the story because I read this book before and you shared about a quarter of the book already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: I liked how you added the genre of the book.
    Star: You had really good cliffhangers.
    Wish: I wish you wouldn't spoil the book to much. -Tracey ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  7. star: I liked how you added the illustrator.
    star: I liked how you added genres.
    wish : I wish you had a hook.
    By Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. star: you're review is great. I liked that you put the recommended age and the genres, not many people have that on their review.
    star: I liked you cliffhangers.
    wish: I wish the you hadn't gave too many info. plus I wish you've had put this "she realized the" instead of "she realized she the". :D

    ReplyDelete