Thursday 3 March 2016

Backlash By Sarah Darer Littman

Backlash
Author- Sarah Darer Littman

Lara Kelly is a girl who was bullied all throughout middle school, then when her best friend and neighbour Brielle Connors left her when times got tough, things didn’t get much better for Lara in high school.

Then in high school things were getting better for Lara, she made the varsity cheer leading team and she was having fun with her new friends and just when she thought things couldn’t get better, a boy named Christian Dewitt added her on Facebook. They started talking and Lara thought Christian was about to ask her to his school dance. Just before he turns on her “what makes you think I would ever ask you out?” “you’re an awful person” “the world would be a better place without you in it!” Christian says all over Lara’s Facebook wall.

Lara Believes it, ‘what if the world is a better place without me in it?’ she thinks. Then Lara does something you will never believe. Find out what happens to Lara and who was really behind the computer of Christian Dewitt’s Facebook page in the book Backlash.

As a result, this book made me think of the power that people have over the internet. Even though you cannot see someone doesn’t mean your words do not affect them. The book Backlash is more of a mature read. If you like drama and betrayal. This would be a great book for you. I recommend this book for ages thirteen and up!   


By Deluca Klatt

9 comments:

  1. star: you had a hook that really got me interested.
    star: had connections with the book.
    wish: could of rated the book but that ok.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. * I really like your hook it wanted me to read more
    *I liked how you had included the recommended the age
    * it was perfect
    by veera

    ReplyDelete
  3. star: I liked how you described The power of the internet in the last paragraph
    Star: nice word choice
    Wish: I wish you had a hook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you described the main character really well.
    I wish it was a bit longer.
    by;Hailey 8C

    ReplyDelete
  5. star: The way you wrote your book review really makes me want to read backlash
    star: This review made me super curious who Christian is. It reminds me to be more careful on social media.
    wish: You had some really long sentences. Maybe you should make them a little shorter.
    By: Lexie Desjarlais 8B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: I love how you put what your ideas were at the end.
    Star: I think you did a awesome job explaining the book, in fact I really want to read this book after I'm done mine.
    Wish: I think you could have made the sentences flow a little more but other then that great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star: I thought you gave a good description of the book
    Star: you have a really good cliff hanger
    wish: shorter sentences.
    By Ian 8B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star: I love that you shared your opinion.
    Star: I like that you left a good cliff hanger.
    Wish: I wish you would have rated the book.
    By: Emily 8B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star: The review actually does want me to read the book (REALLY good cliffhanger).

    Star: Good summary of the book, it doesn't spoil too much and leaves you wanting more to read.

    Wish: I wish you'd make more book reviews, because this is really good.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete