Friday 4 March 2016

The Saga of Darren Shan By Darren Shan

The Saga of Darren Shan
By: Darren Shan

Darren Shan is just like any other teenager; he goes to school, has parents and has a home. Until one life changing decision that totally, turn his whole world upside down. Darren and his best friend Steve “Leopard” Leonard sneak out and attend an illegal freak show in town where they encounter a vampire that goes by the name Larten Crepsley. Darren agrees to become Larten’s assistant in return of saving Steve’s life. Darren fakes his death and Larten digs him up hours after the funeral. Larten brings Darren back to the freak show where he met interesting and weird people.

Darren and Larten set off to Vampire Mountain and learn more about the vampire’s rites. Darren must bypass the trials of death. Darren meets this little person Harkat Mulds, who is about 2 and half feet tall. He finds out his best friend Harkat was actually dead and was put into another body after his death. Darren finds out about a traitor among the vampire clan. He stops his plans to destroy the clan and he becomes the vampire prince.

Darren fights against the Vampaneze using the help of cirque du freak. The Vampaneze are also vampires but they kill innocent people for blood. Darren’s soul enters the lake of souls and he got trapped for a millennium. He wakes up in a world that is ruled by dragons. 

What can happen next? 

Is Darren trapped there forever? 

I really enjoyed reading the books, they make me wonder if they have any truth in it. I always think of what is believable in the book. 

To find out the rest read the Saga of Darren Shan. I suggest this series to readers from the ages 10-16 who are into adventure and horror-fiction. 

Darren Shan also wrote the book Zom-B. If you really liked the maze runner by James Dashner I’m sure you will fall in love with this odd, interesting story.


Review By: Yuan Garcia

6 comments:

  1. I love your hook.
    I like your cliff hanger.
    I wish you wrote more because I love this write.
    By: Brandon(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandon!!!
      I loved yours too
      Yuan Garcia 8C

      Delete
  2. I like how you described the characters.
    I wish you put a little less information about the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! but who are you??
      Yuan Garcia 8C

      Delete
  3. I like how you described the book
    i like how you shared your opinion of the book
    i wish you wrote more because i really enjoyed this write
    -Brianna:)

    ReplyDelete