Monday 7 March 2016

The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay
Author: Suzanne Collins

If you are a rebel, it doesn’t mean you are a bad person. 

Katniss Everdeen is the face for all of the Panem rebels.  Peeta, her so called “lover” from The Hunger Games is in the Capitol being tortured by president Snow along by Johanna Mason and Annie.  Annie is Finnick’s true love.  Annie was a hunger games winner that went mad and everyone is surprised that Finnick, Katniss’ best friend is being prepared for the war against the capitol and district thirteen.  Yes, I just said district thirteen.  District thirteen is an underground district that none of the other districts know about.  Bonnie and Twill were right!  However, they have never been seen or heard of by anyone in thirteen.

One day, Katniss goes to see Plutarch Heavensbee and finds out that some soldiers are going to the Training Centre in the capitol to steal Peeta, Annie and Johanna from torture.  Gale is one of those soldiers.  Katniss is worried because this is a very dangerous mission, but they succeeded.  When Peeta comes back from the capitol, Katniss wants to be the first person to see him.  She goes to give Peeta a hug and all of a sudden, Peeta straggles Katniss!!!

WHAT!!?

I recommend this book to mature readers.  I don’t believe there is an age for this book, but you need to be prepared for violence. 

Will Peeta and Katniss ever be lovers again, or will Katniss choose Gale? 

Will Katniss ever succeed her life goal to kill Snow?
 
Find out in The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay


By: Lexie Desjarlais  

17 comments:

  1. I really like the point you made as a hook, "if you are a rebel it doesn't mean you are a bad person." I also appreciate your cliff hanger, I wish you would describe the characters you've mentioned more.
    By: Ghia 8B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hook is definitely well written.
    Your review feels exciting and makes me want to read the book (again!)
    I feel like you spoiled too much of the book though and I wish you put a spoiler warning on the top.
    -Thomas(8B)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great hook
    great cliff hanger
    I wish you could have gave a rate
    By:Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your opening sentence.
    I like the feeling put into it.
    I wish you gave a tiny bit less information.
    by Jordan.K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your cliff hanger, it really makes me want to know happens.
    you used strong words in this that fit really well for this kind of book.
    I think you could have explained what the hunger games are a bit better to understand why they had to save Peeta. otherwise good job! -Deluca 8B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: you have really nice cliffhanger's.
    Star: Nice hook!
    wish: dot got a wish but you did really good (GOOD JOB)
    By JOHN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you explain the book great job by: Braydin.L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star: I really like how you used fancy words to make me want to read more.
    Star: I like that you explained the characters well enough that I feel like I know them.
    Wish: I wish you would not have giving so much information.
    By: Emily 8 B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star: I think you did a great job with your cliff hangers.
    Star: I think you did a excellent job explaining the book without giving to much away.
    Wish: I don't have a wish I you did a great job.
    By: Nyah Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you explain the book great job by: Braydin.L

    ReplyDelete
  11. star: lexie I really liked your cliffhanger
    star: you used descriptive words
    wish: I have no it was perfect
    by: veera :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your hook
    Good cliff hanger
    I wish you gave a bit less information
    By: Brandon(:

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked your hook and I liked how you explained plot with ought giving away to much of the main story. I wish you explained more of the main characters because people could probably make more of a connection with the main characters if you introduced the main characters more. By Jayden

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hook was amazing and got me really interested!
    you told a lot about the story but not to much
    I wish that you gave the book a rate
    -kasha (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Star: I love your hook!! I'm a rebel too.
    Star: I like that you added questions at the end. I also like that you added the characters feelings.
    Wish: I wish you didn't spoil it too much. (Less info)
    Yuan Garcia 8C

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the energy, and also the hook.
    Josiah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hook is well written
    Great cliff hanger
    I wish you didn't give a lot of the story away
    By Bernard

    ReplyDelete