Friday 4 March 2016

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth

She has one choice…  that can change her forever or destroy her, one choice will define her.

Divergent, a dystopian future where everyone is divided into five separate factions to maintain peace. When you reach a certain age, you will have the choice of staying in your faction, or going to a new faction. Beatrice Prior, the main protagonist of the book must make the choice that will decide her future and change her forever.

This one choice will truly define what she is, but she struggles to choose a faction where she will truly belong, as she takes a test called an aptitude test to determine which faction she will go, she meets Tori Wu, and finds out that her results are Inconclusive. She finds out that she finds out that she is a Divergent, a threat to the society and the peace.  Everyone is supposed to fit in one place but she doesn’t. She is warned that she mustn’t reveal her Divergence as her life could be ended in a matter of seconds once revealed.  Therefore, she is ready to choose a faction where truly she belongs.  

I really like this book because of the faction system and how the characters are always constantly engaging one thing happens after another.  In Addition, you would want to find out what are the factions purpose, the factions reasons, and why there are factions in the place, but if I were to change this book I would Include every single faction and tell more about them.

I rate this book a 4 out of 5 star!

I’d recommend this book to the people that like genres such as Sci-Fi, Adventure, Romance, action, and especially if you read The Hunger Games.


Book Review by: Juan Elegado 

7 comments:

  1. I like the hook at the beginning.
    I also really like the way you explain the plot.
    I wish you corrected your grammar mistake.
    "I rate this book a 4 out of 5 star"

    ReplyDelete
  2. great punctuation
    great details on the book
    I wish you could have fixed some of your mistakes
    By:Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Star: I really enjoy your hook and cliffhanger and how you made it quite long for a book review.
    Star: I quite enjoy the "fancy words" you used during your book review.
    Wish: I wish you would of made a connection and fixed some grammar mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had great words and introduced the main character which is good, but some of your grammar wasn't right
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star: I really liked the cliffhanger in your book review.
    Star: You made the story sound interesting and it grabs audience attention a LOT.
    Wish: I wish you could've added the books that the author created. -Tracey ^-^
    Overall AMAZING JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: I liked that you had a cliffhanger
    Star: I like the way you explained the plot
    Wish: I wished that you fixed your grammar mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked your book review because it brought my attention to read your book review and your hook was amazing. You have some grammar mistakes but overall good job. By Jayden V.

    ReplyDelete