Thursday 3 March 2016

Knights of the Lunch Table - The Dodgeball Chronicles

Knights of the Lunch Table
The Dodgeball Chronicles
Being a new kid at school is hard to do, but if you can open the magical locker your life will rule! Artie King the teenage boy who isn’t good at sport but is good at video games is the main character in this book.  Artie and his big mean sister are going to a new school.  Artie will hope that no one will know that he is horrible at sports but, happily finds friends who accept him as who he is.

Artie’s soap sandwich had been taken by the bully group named the HORDE!  There is an old school legend, if you get the old locker open you are the ruler of the school.  The legend had come true by Artie King. Artie now rules the school!!! Joe from the HORDE is angry and viscous; he must beat up Artie King however Arties friend Percy stops Joe from punching Artie by challenging Joe to a dodge ball fight.  If Artie’s team wins against the HORDE they have to leave Artie’s group alone and if the HORDE wins Artie must show Joe how to open up that locker so Joe will rule the school!
Friday after school you can find out who will rule the school, the Knights or the HORDE. To find out you have to read the book and not spoil the book to anyone!

I recommended this book for kids or teenager and even adults, because it’s frightening being new to a school, reading this book would make you feel more confident to go to a new school.


By JR Baquiano

13 comments:

  1. Star: I like how you described the characters
    Star: I also liked how you talked about the setting and the incident in the book.
    Wish: I wish if you could use commas more often, as it confuses the audience about 2 different lines you write.
    By preet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star: Jr, I really like your cliff hanger at the end.
    Star: Your hook was hook was also a great part of your review.
    Wish I wish you didn't start almost every sentence with "Artie" or "Artie's". Otherwise great review
    By Yuan Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hook.
    I liked the font for HORDE.
    But I wish there the word HORDE wasn't repetitive.
    By: Brandon(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. star: I like how you had bolded some of the words
    star: I love your cliffhanger
    wish: it was perfect
    By: veera

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you expressed the characters and the plot, it was very energetic. I also like the way you kept saying HORDE, but I wish you wrote more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: I really love how you started with a hook.
    Star: I like how you related the beginning to the end.
    Wish: I would recommend to not use the word HORDE to often, but overall its great.
    By: E.J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star: I like how you left the reader on a cliff hanger
    Star: I like how you gave information on the main character
    wish: to use a better transitioning sentence
    By Ian 8B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star: I really liked your hook because, its hard going to a new school an you don't know anyone their.
    Star: I liked how you related the beginning and the end that's smart of you.
    wish: I don't recommend you saying HORDE to much but your story is fantastic.
    By JOHN (your buddy).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great hook, keeps me interested in the review. This also makes you think about how hard it must be in a new school. I would recommend describing more about the characters though.
    By: Ghia 8B

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your ending paragraph.
    You did a good job of explaining Artie.
    I wish that you talked about the knights a little more.
    By Dawson

    ReplyDelete
  11. Star: I really like how you put your interpretation at the end.
    Star: I also liked your hook.
    Star: I wish you would have put some cliff hangers.
    By: Nyah Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Star: Great job explaining who Artie is
    Star: Great job that who do you think should read the book
    Wish: I think the "HORDE" should not be repetitive

    By Ed

    ReplyDelete