Thursday 3 March 2016

Sunnyside Up by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm

Sunnyside Up Book Review
Author: Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm

The future will not change in what you do, its what you do to change it.
The book takes place in Florida, California in the late 1970’s.  Where a little girl spends her whole summer with her grandfather.  Sunny thought she would be going to Disney World with her grandfather senior home.
But what Sunny doesn’t know is that she’s not the only kid at the senior home.  She meets the boy, his name is Buzz Aldrin.  Buzz loves comic books and super hero’s.  Sunny and Buzz become really good friends, Buzz introduces Sunny into comic books and super hero’s.  They loved to read comics together.

But why did Sunny go to Florida in the first place?  Will she return to Pennsylvania to be with her family?  Will Sunny be prepared of what her grandfather is going to do and say, and is Sunny ready to forgive her bother for what he’s done… Read the book to know more.
I really loved this book.  This book just wanted me to know what happened at the end of the book.  I got really excited reading the book.  I recommend this book to eight to ten year old, I think that this book will teach you what not to do in the future, it will make you chose the right path in life.


By EJ Rivera

9 comments:

  1. I liked how you described where the book took place. I also liked how you described the relationship building in between 2 strangers. I wish you had described what sonny's brother did and the grandpa's Intentions.
    By: Preet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hook
    you did a really good job of talking about of buzz and sunny
    you could of talked about her brother and where they live more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you wrote where the book takes place. you created so much suspense in you review. I wish you could have put the rating. by Kamaldeep

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you made a hook in the beginning
    I also like how you said where the book takes place
    I wish you used fancy words
    By Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. star: nice hook
    star: you gave your own opinion
    wish: no wish
    by Bernard 10 out of 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: I think that you have an amazing hook.
    Star: I love how you placed your cliff hangers.
    Wish: I wish you would have put just a little more information.
    By: Nyah Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your hook.
    I like your explanation about the book.
    Josiah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star: I really like your hook it's perfect!
    Star: You explained the characters very well.
    Wish: I wish you went into more detail with some of the topics. For example, what her brother did.
    -Lexie Desjarlais

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star: Nice hook
    Star: Nice cliff hangers
    Wish: Wish you could introduce who Sunny is.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete