Friday 4 March 2016

Peter Nimble and his Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier

Peter Nimble
and his Fantastic Eyes
Author: Jonathan Auxier 

I used to live in another country when I was younger. Where I come from, poor older people used to walk around the streets. Some were blind and some didn’t have a leg. Some also couldn’t walk without their walking stick. Younger children used to walk around the road with tears in their eyes, crying for food. 

But when those poor kids grow (like about 9 or 10 years old), they try to steel money, food and jewelry. Some people doesn’t even notice that the kids are steeling. Well this is a story of the greatest thief who ever lived. His name, as you’ve guessed, is peter nimble.  

A ten-year-old blind orphan, Peter has been forced to live in a life of crime. One ordinary afternoon Peter steels a mysterious box from an unusual traveling haberdasher. that night peter opens the box and feels the three magical pairs of eyes. When he tries the first pair on, he is suddenly teleported to a mysterious hidden island where he meets the maker of those three pairs of eyes “professor cake”. 

The professor gives Peter a choice: travel to the vanished kingdom and try to rescue a people in need ......or return to his criminal life. Peter chooses wisely, and together with the group of oddball companions. He embarks on an unforgettable 0--- and fantastic--- adventure. 
 
Review written by: Tashtia        

6 comments:

  1. good connections at the beginning.
    well written overall.
    By: Hailey 8C

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made very good connections
    you made me interested in the book
    i wish you wrote more because i love this write
    -Brianna(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote the review well and it makes me really want to read to find out more about Peter.
    I love how you made connections from your own life to the book.
    I really wish you wrote more as I feel its a bit incomplete, but its still very well written.
    -Thomas (8B)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star: Incredibly passionate write Tashtia!
    Star: You made some beautiful connections that must have been difficult to think and write about.
    You make me want to read the book because of your comment, "orphan" and "forced into a life of crime" these concepts often misunderstood by many people, they see participating in crime as a "choice". Thanks for thinking and writing that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star: I can see you took a lot of time doing this and its great.
    Star: I love how you made connections from life to a book.
    Wish: Need cliff hangers and I wish you wrote more because its a really good book.
    BY: john

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its well written, tashtia, I really love it.
    I totally loved how you made your connection to the book and expressed your feelings.
    I wish you had more suspense at the end.
    By preet

    ReplyDelete