Friday 4 March 2016

The Art of Racing in the Rain By Garth Stein

The Art of Racing in the Rain
By Garth Stein

“In Mongolia, when a dog dies, he is buried high in the hills so people cannot walk on his grave.  The dog’s master whispers into the dog’s ears his wish that the dog will return as a man in his next life.”

“I learned that from a program on National Geographic channel, so I believe it is true.
I’ m ready” Enzo

The Art of Racing in the Rain, is the story of Enzo, who knows he is different from other dogs and thinks he has a human soul.  He has educated himself by watching television, listening to his master Denny Swift, who is an up and coming race car driver.

On the eve of his death, Enzo looks back at his life remembering all that he and his family have been through.  Denny’s struggles to become a driver, the loss of his wife Eve to cancer and the battle against his daughter’s Zoe, maternal grandparents over custody of her.

In the end, Enzo comes through to help preserve the Swift Family.  A story of love, tragedy and relationships that we see through the eyes of a dog, Enzo.

The book The Art of Racing in the Rain will make you laugh and cry and make you look at dogs in a different light.

It’s a good read. 

By Connie Mathias 

3 comments:

  1. Great job on explaining the story without spoiling anything. Also I like how you introduce the main characters in the story.I wish you put a hook. By Jayden V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star: I love how you describe the characters in the write.

    Star: I like how emotion the story gets.

    Wish : I wish that the person would add other books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you put details in the story and the way you created a proper sentence structure. I wished that you put a recommendation for the book, and the rate. -Tracey

    ReplyDelete