Friday 4 March 2016

Holes By: Louis Sachar

Holes
By: Louis Sachar

Jail or camp? 

The answer seems pretty simple right? 

Well this isn’t an ordinary camp. 

This is a juvenile detention camp and to make things worse you didn’t even do anything to deserve going to that awful camp. Stanley Yelnats is a fourteen-year-old boy who gets into an unfortunate situation and ends up having to go to camp green lake. This camp is a bit different than any other juvenile camp. Stanley and the other boys at the camp are forced to dig giant holes in the dirt everyday but no one knows exactly why. 

At the camp Stanley makes a friend. That friends name is Hector Zeroni, but everyone calls him Zero. Everything at the camp is pretty normal until one-day Zero decides to run away. What will happen next? Read the book to find out.


This book was definitely five stars out of five stars.  If you’ve read other books such as; Small steps, Way side school and the boy who lost his face you will definitely like this book. I recommend this book for people who like adventure and survival.


Review by: Hailey Allen

11 comments:

  1. I love your hook
    You used a lot of good descriptive words
    I wish you wrote more because i really enjoyed this write
    -Brianna(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. star: I really liked your cliffhanger it made me want to read the book
    star: also I like how you had put the genre of the book
    wish: I have no wish it was perfect
    by: veera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't have a wish, you could write a star instead of a wish. -Tracey ^-^

      Delete
  3. I liked the question at the beginning.
    I liked the way you put other recommendations.
    I got not wish.
    By Josiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud to say that I love this review it doesn't give any important parts away while being straight to the point about the book, great hook. I love the book as much as I love the movie, I wish it was more fabulous though...
    By: Ghia 8B

    ReplyDelete
  5. You phrased this all very well which is nice.
    You explained the camp well without spoilers.
    I wish you didn't put in Zero's real name, as it's technically a spoiler for the book because of what happens in the book.
    -Thomas(8B)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the your hook and
    the questions at the beginning.
    Told just enough about the story to get me interested.
    I have no wish it was great.
    Jordyn Bean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star: I like the question that you started with.
    Star: In grade seven I read this book and you did a really good job of describing the book.
    Wish: I that you would talk more about the characters.
    By: E.J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star: I like how you started off with a cliff hanger.
    Star: I love how you said many things for the recommendation.
    Wish: I wish that you wouldn't of told zero's real name because that spoils a big part of the book.
    This is a Amazing review!!!
    By. J.R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star: I really liked how you added a setting for your book review you did.
    Star: I loved how you made it the book review interesting.
    Wish: I wish you added other books from the same author.
    -Tracey ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Star: I like how you described the book
    Star: I like your hook
    Wish: I wish you didn't say zero's real name

    ReplyDelete