Friday 4 March 2016

Pop by Gordon Korman

Pop
By Gordon Korman

It is the Middle of summer and Marcus Jordon moves to a new town.  During the football off season, Marcus goes to a local park to practice.  One day when Marcus was practicing he encountered a middle aged man named Charlie Popovich. Charlie is a former NFL linebacker for the Cincinnati Bengals with a deep dark secrete a secret he doesn’t really know. So now on top of the challenge of trying out for football Marcus needs to figure out Charlie’s big secret.

Football Tryouts

Marcus is trying out for his high school football team The number one team the Raiders. The Raiders are coming off a 10-0 championship season.  Marcus is trying out for the quarterback position but he has to show he was what it takes to beat out the pride of the town Troy Popovich.

Will Marcus get to play?

Will He find out what Charlies secret is?

To find out you have to do one thing?  

READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

This book has a lot of drama, action, suspense and much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      

You can find Pop online in stores or at your local library.  Know stop and go get the book.  I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend this book to Football players people 9 and up because I’m a lineman.    


By Dawson Waldner

11 comments:

  1. Star: I really liked the way you emphasize the words to make it sound interesting.
    Star: It was really good how you added the characters and putted a rating for the book.
    Wish: I wish you would've added other books that the author created. -Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. did a good job at describing the characters.
    good suggestions at the end.
    I wish it was a bit longer to give more information.
    by:Hailey 8C

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your descriptive words
    you have a good hook
    i wish you wrote more because this is a good write
    -Brianna:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star: I like how u had many cliff hangers to make me wonder what happened to Marcus.
    Star: I enjoy your energy when you write about this book.
    Wish: I wish you would of tell me more about Marcus's friends or family. Good Job!
    By. J.R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star: I liked how you told everyone were they lived.
    Star: You have a great hook in many ways.
    wish: I wish you told more about the book so people can get into the book.
    BY: JOHN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: I like the how some of the word are bolded to show that it's exciting.
    Star: I like how your cliff hanger makes me wonder what Charlie's secret is
    Wish: my wish is that you should talk more about the book.
    By: E.J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the way how you explained the characters.
    The way you explained the book makes it very enticing.
    Josiah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawson, once I took a look at the format of your write, I knew I just HAD to read your review!

    Awesome - Engaging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the cliff hanger.
    I like the way you describe Charlie.
    I wish you told us a little bit about Troy.
    By:Lado L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great format and expression it entices you to write the book :P

    Great questions makes me wonder that there would be a lot of plot twist's

    Wish ; I wish you would give more description about the book because I really don't know too much and I wish that you would told a bit more characters

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Star: I like the fonts you used for when you were exited.
    Star: I like how you have several cliff hangers
    Wish: I wish you had a hook. otherwise great write!

    ReplyDelete