Thursday 3 March 2016

The Dogs By Allan Stratton

The Dogs
By Allan Stratton

As a kid, I always thought my house was haunted because I heard noises at night. This book is no different.

Cameron Weaver is a middle school boy that grew up with a few friends. He lost them all when his dad was abusing his mom. His parents eventually had a divorce and Cameron went with his mom.  Dad went to jail but he wasn’t finished. His dad was trying to track them down, hiring private investigators. Every time his dad would get close, they move. They moved 6 times, then finally they settle down in a torn down old house. From there he starts living a some – what normal life, but then, Cameron starts finding drawings. Drawn by a little kid, probably a bit younger then him. They first few pictures were pretty happy, the whole family having a good time, but the pictures gradually started getting worse and worse. Finally, a picture had dogs on it, with a person torn down, by the dogs. Cameron knew something was up.

Everyday, Cameron would find more and more mysterious about the house and the area, but at the same time, his dad gets closer and closer. He’s also being bullied by Cody and his gang. Will his life get any better? Or will he find the secrets?

Recommended 13+

By Josiah Uminga


12 comments:

  1. I really like your connection at the beginning.
    Good recommendation.
    I wish it was longer because I like this.
    By: Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. great hook.
    I liked how you ended the review as a mystery.
    I wish I had that book to read. by tashtia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Star : Good Connection
    Star : Great Hooks
    Wish : Grammar could use improvement for EX: "They first few picture were pretty happy"

    Juan :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good connection I hear noises at my house too.
    The book sounds pretty interesting, but I saw a spelling mistake.
    Josiah Uminga

    ReplyDelete
  5. star: great hook
    star: great cliff hanger
    wish: some grammar error: Drawn by a little kid, probably a bit younger then him.
    by: Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing hook
    great cliff hanger
    I wish you could have you could have fixed a couple of grammar mistakes
    By:Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hook.
    I love your connection.
    I wish I finished this book.
    by Jordan.K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star: I like how you made a connection in your hook.
    star: I liked how added the characters it makes the book more interesting.
    wish: your grammar could use some work.
    By Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked your connections to your book and liked your audience recommendations. I wish you fixed some grammar mistakes. By Jayden

    ReplyDelete
  10. star: I like how you gave a good summary with out spoiling anything.
    Star: I really like when you made a connection to your childhood.
    Wish: I wish you would have wrote more about what he finds.
    By: Emily 8B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Star: This review has an amazing hook I read the whole thing great review!
    Star: I like how you gave me a recommendation.
    Wish: I wish you would have said the problem more interesting.
    Awesome job!
    By. J.R

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has a lot of straight forward information, but leads to what the real problem is. I also like your cliff hanger about who The Dogs are. You could have put less information from the book.
    -Ghia 8B

    ReplyDelete