Thursday 3 March 2016

This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel

This Dark Endeavour

This Dark Endeavour takes place in a time where chemistry is witch craft and women never wear pants.  Twin brothers Victor and Konrad have a thing called ‘who is better,’ Konrad is more kind, intelligent and likable in general.  Victor on the other hand is arrogant, not as intelligent, and not the most likeable, though they are the same, not just in looks.  Once you read you will understand what I am saying, as Konrad is winning on being adored.

Until Konrad falls into a sickness that is almost impossible to heal, Victor being curious to find that there is a possible cure for his brother.  Elizabeth his distant cousin and Henry their neighbor isn’t the most excited about the trip they are about to journey to, which conclude finding a legendary alchemist who willingly helps them.  For the sake of Konrad, to achieve the elixir of life they will be having to do dangerous, yet beautiful missions, though seems odd, but true. 


In order to find out what will happen between the three friends and the legendary alchemist, more importantly how much will Victor risk to save his brother Konrad, looks like you will have to read This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel.

By Ghia Cruz

14 comments:

  1. I like the cliff hanger you used.
    you made me want to read the book
    I think you could of used a better hook
    By Dawson Waldner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawson, I'll do that next time!
      By Ghia 8B

      Delete
  2. I like how you've left us a cliff hanger( even though I read this book.
    I also like how you've introduced the main characters.
    I wish that you would have made a hook though. :)
    By NADIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy what you wrote and the word choices you used where phenomenal but I was wish you had a better hook and recommended this book to. Also really good cliff hanger.
    ~ Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally liked the way you made the story interesting and talked about the setting in the book. I wished that you created a hook for the book you reviewed on. -Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked how you explained that other readers will understand if they read the book.
    great hook.
    I wish I had that book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ghia you do a great job at explaining the main plot with out spoiling anything and you did a good job on introducing the main characters in the book. I wish you had a hook and a cliff hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. used really descriptive words.
    described the characters really well.
    I wish you would have given it a rating.
    by: Hailey 8C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hailey! I could read this book a million times I would give this book 5 stars.
      by Ghia 8B

      Delete
  8. Really good Cliff hanger
    i liked you made the book sound very interesting
    i wish you had a better hook
    -Brianna(:

    ReplyDelete
  9. The way you described the story of the book was amazing. I also liked how you described the characters and their relationships. The story was explained very well, and it would be more amazing if you could use the punctuations.
    By preet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preet! I really love this book, I hope you read it too!
      -Ghia 8B

      Delete
  10. Star: Wow this book sounds fantastic! you explained the twin's statuses really well.
    Star: I like all the information you said without giving to much.
    Wish: I think you should have rated the book and suggested it to curtain readers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. By: Lexie Desjarlais 8B ^

    ReplyDelete