Friday 4 March 2016

Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis

Not a Drop to Drink
By: Mindy McGinnis

When there is no water left on the earth, what would you do? 

This is a story about a girl named Lynn who lives with her mom on the countryside. They’re one of the only average people living who has little access to drinking water.

One night when Lynn and her mom were watching the horizon on the roof of they’re house suddenly a couple coyotes walk by and starting eating they’re last meal, a deer. Lynn’s mom quickly rushes down from the roof and tries chasing away the coyotes. Then all of a sudden the coyotes fight back and injures Lynn’s mom. Lynn rushes towards her and Bam! Lynn shot a coyote. BAM! Another coyote had been shot but only injured. The coyotes run off.

When Lynn’s mom dies from her injuries Lynn has to learn how to survive on her own. Lynn worries now less about the coyotes and more about the strangers the are in search of resources.

Sitting upon the roof of her house rifle in hand Lynn watches smoke in distance rising up in the air. That one means one thing, STRANGERS!
Lynn has what they want food and water and they won’t back down until they get it. 

What will Lynn do next on her intense survival adventure?

Buy the book and find out if you love intense adventure books.

I give this book a 4/5-star rating and recommend this book to grade 6 and up.


Review by: Brandon Kowalchuk

11 comments:

  1. You have a great hook
    you left a cliff hanger
    I wish you wrote more because i love this write
    -Brianna(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good hook, I wouldn't want to imagine if there was no water left on earth.
    I wish that the letters weren't so dark.
    Josiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. great hook
    nice uses of words
    I wish you didn't tell us he mom died that kind of spoiled it for me
    By:Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hook.
    I like the mystery.
    I wish I knew what year its based off.
    By Jordan.KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star: Your hook is really good.
    Star: I like how you did your cliff hanger, how you tell us in what she is going to do in her survival adventure.
    Wish: I would recommend to not spoil a lot information about the book.
    By: E.J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: I love the mystery
    Star: you have a great hook
    Wish: that you didn't tell us that the mom died

    -Steven

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great hook.
    I liked how you mentioned where the book took place.
    Next time you write, make sure to read over and check your grammar.
    -Katherine M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star: I really enjoyed the intensity of the review, and the cliff hanger was just great, I want to read more!
    Star: I also extremely love how long it is! I love longer book reviews and how yours pulled me in!
    Wish: I wish you didn't tell us the Lynn's mom dies and I would of also liked if you said if the author has any other books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just realized that I have some spelling mistakes...
    - Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way you described the plot of the book
    I also liked the great hook you wrote
    I wish you could use more punctuation, as it would make it better.
    by preet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Star: I like the hook.
    Star: I like how you put a grade rating.
    Wish: I wish you had a little more punctuation, other wise great job!!!

    ReplyDelete