Thursday 3 March 2016

Diary of a Wimpy Kid the Long Haul By Jeff Kinney

Diary of a Wimpy Kid the Long Haul
By Jeff Kinney
If you are someone who has a family that have great ideas, such as going on a road trip, do you ever wonder that it will go wrong at the end?

This story is about Greg’s family planning on a road trip. Greg is a boy who has a mom, dad and two brothers. His moms name is Susan, his dads name is Frank, his two brothers are named Rodrick who is the eldest brother and Manny who is the youngest brother. As Greg’s family went on a road trip, they ended up getting lost in a dark scary woods, Greg and others feel scared as they are lost in a dark scary woods and saw a sign that said “Beware of Hunters”. If you are not wearing the proper bright vests, then the hunters will not see you.

This book reminds me when my family and I going to Gimli for the first time and got lost, because we are used to travelling with other families that are close to us.

Will Greg and his family have a safe road trip till the end?

If you want to find out, then go read the whole book!

I’d recommend this book for grade threes to eights, because there are some funny and interesting parts about this book that keep you wanting to finish reading it. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid the Long Haul is recommended for kids to read, because there are entertaining parts that kids may like.


Review by: Ed

11 comments:

  1. 1. Star: I like your hook
    Star: I like how you described the family and the incidents.
    Wish: I wish you if you could tell more about what is going to take place in the book.
    By Preet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star : Nice cliffhanger, It makes me want to know what happened to them if they were safe, came out alive, etc...

    Star : Good connection, like connecting the book to your family trip

    Wish : Grammar could be a bit better and rechecked because there is a lot of commas that shouldn't be there.

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Star: I really like your cliffhanger.
    Star: Good connection and introducing the character.
    Wish: I wish you could've added a setting where it took place in the book and remember to recheck your grammar. -Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star: Awesome hook, I also like how the hook leaves a little cliffhanger!

    Star: Nice recommendation, good to know there's some humor in the book.

    Wish: I wish that the review was a bit more 'polished'(?) and maybe a bit longer too.

    By Richard

    Wish:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that hook and connection.
    I wish that this review would have more energy.
    Josiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: I love how you recommended who you thought it would be good for.
    Star: I think that you explained it very well.
    Wish: I don't have one.
    By: Nyah Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star: I quite enjoy how you did your cliff hanger and that you didn't spoil any key plot lines but still pointed out some interesting parts of the story.
    Star: Also you hook was very good and I like your connection.
    Wish: I wish you just put in some more commas that should of been in there and just polish it up over all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the hook was amazing
    the plot was great
    you didn't have to put all charters names

    Nathan warren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star: I like how you gave a description on the family
    Star: I like your cliff hanger
    wish: more punctuation.
    By Ian 8B

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked your hook because I relate to the hook that you have and I also liked how you made personal connections to your book review. I wish you can re read your review because you can fix your grammar a bit. By Jayden V.

    ReplyDelete
  11. star: I like your hook, it defines your book review really well.
    star: I also like how you wrote your personal connection.
    wish: I wish you wrote the rating of the book.by kamaldeep

    ReplyDelete