Monday 7 March 2016

Pretties Written by: Scott Westerfield

Pretties
Written by: Scott Westerfield

In a world of ugly people, you can have the chance to become pretty….

When you become pretty you leave everything else behind. You start a new life, in a new part of town, where you can have fun all the time. 

Sounds great right? 

But it comes at a cost. Being a total bubble head changes your whole perspective, the person you were for sixteen years no longer matters.

In Uglyvill everyone is born ugly. At 16 all people get to move from the settlement of ugly young people into a life as a pretty person. Tally has finally turned 16 and becomes pretty. But as it turns out being pretty isn’t all it seems. As a pretty life is full of carefree fun.  After a party Tally follows some masked party crashers and ends up getting news that changes her entire view of the pretties. The operations that make you pretty do more than just nip and tuck skin. They change your brain too. The operation makes you care about nothing but having fun, you are a bubblehead.  As it turns out her new boyfriend Zane also knows about the brain lesions of the surgeries and is ready to fight against being a bubblehead.  Zane and Tally join a rebellion to take control of their minds.

They are going to figure out just what is going on in this city. 

At first I thought being in a life where transforming into a pretty would be great but then I read further into the series and realized being pretty is awesome and all but being perfect isn’t what its all about.

I rate this book and series 9/10 because I really like the chance to view a different way a society can be.  

I recommend this book for everyone who is interested in adventure and mystery because in this series Tally and her friends go on many exciting adrenaline pumping journeys.


By: Emily 8B

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I have seen this book a million times, but have never read it myself. It is now on my summer reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book review is really good
    I like how you made a hook in your book review
    And it's nice to know how much you rate it
    I don't think I have any wishes for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you said that it doesn't matter how you look on the out, it matters what's inside. being a good person makes you beautiful.

    I also liked how you talked about the recommendation. Not many people recommend any books like that. it is rear.

    although I wish that you would rate this book 10/10 because reading that comment made me really want to read this book.

    comment by: TASHTIA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked how you made connections and put your own opinion in the book.
    you also had a really nice cliff hanger
    jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star: I like how I shared my opinion and emotions while I was reading the book.
    Star: I like that I shared enough for me to want to read the books again.
    Wish: I wish I would have left more of a cliff hanger.
    By: Emily 8B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: Your book review makes me think about the pretties and our own society. It reminds me about us and how everyone wants to be pretty because that what matters.
    Star: I like how you explained Tally and even talked about the series and not just the book.
    Wish: I wish you made a better cliffhanger and left a question at the end.
    Lexie Desjarlais 8B

    ReplyDelete
  7. star: the hook is amazingly attractive
    Star: I really liked how your review expressed the setting of the book. It sure made me wanted to read the book.
    Its amazing, it would be more amazing if you divide the big paragraph into two, next time you write the Review
    By preet

    ReplyDelete