Friday 4 March 2016

Bread Winner By Deborah Ellis

Bread Winner
By Deborah Ellis

Everyone have struggles in their lifetime, but not everyone can bear it.  Its hard to believe when a 11-year-old Parvana, forced by the circumstances to be the breadwinner for her family in a war-ton, Taliban- era.  She bears all the struggles that an adult be able to bear, which is completely NOT NORMAL.  

The Taliban have completely controlled the city of Kabul.  They wouldn’t allow any women out.  Parvana is the oldest of her sisters and an amazingly responsible girl.  A woman was shot, just for not covering her face.  

Is that reasonable?  

Parvana’s only dream is to get her dad out of the jail, who was forced to stay there for 2 years.  She decides to turn herself into a boy.  

Will she get success in saving her dad and helping her family out, or will she be caught?  

What would you do, if you were in her place?

This book is beautifully motivational.

Whenever I read this book, it touches the bottom of my heart, and explains that we should not discriminate between a man and a woman. The breadwinner reminds us how courageous the women are around the world.

Here are some more books about Deborah Ellis:
I am Parvana
Mud city
Children of Kabul
Parvana’s journey
The bread winner tribology.

Reviewed by: Preet


12 comments:

  1. star: I really like your hook in the start of your write it grabbed me and made me read till the end.
    Star: I like how you are really passionate about this book
    Wish: My wish is to know who your target audience would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star: I love how you started off your hook.
    Star: I read the book and I think you did an excellent job explaining it.
    Wish: I wish you would have made a little better trance formations in between.
    By: Nyah Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and sweet, I also agree it really is a beautifully motivational book. The plot is so interesting I want to read it again, the part where you said, she decided to turn herself into a boy. I wish there was a possibility this review could be more amazing.
    By: Ghia 8B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment on this review is outstanding. You name what you are commenting on using examples from the review and I like your choice in words.

      Delete
  4. This was really great you used descriptive words and had a great hook
    The only thing not as great is that Parvana is the second oldest sibling
    Nadia 8C :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you and your star given for descriptive words!

      Delete
  5. I really liked your book review it had a good hook and it I liked how you introduced the characters of the book. I have no wishes all I have to say that its very motivational and I think that a lot of people can make personal connections to our book review. By Jayden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent comments Jayden! I think you captured everything Preet did well in a few sentences. Well done!

      Delete
  6. "Whenever I read this book, it touches the bottom of my heart, and explains that we should not discriminate between a man and a woman. The breadwinner reminds us how courageous the women are around the world."

    This is an outstanding connection you have made and well written!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star: I like how people can make a connection to your hook.
    Star: I like your cliff hanger at the end. It's very detailed.
    Wish: I wish you added more information about Parvana and her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for an amazing comment for my book review, but I would like to know you though, so I could thank you for making me realize what I need in my next review.
      By Preet

      Delete
  8. star: I really like how you started of your hook.
    star: I also like how you described the characters in the book.
    wish: my wish is that who is your target audience.by kamaldeep

    ReplyDelete