Friday 4 March 2016

Sisters by Raina Telgemeier

Sisters
By: Raina Telgemeier

Do you remember your child hood?  

Well this book is about a girl (Raina) that can’t wait to be a big sister but once she (Amara) is born things don’t go too well. Amara is cute but she is also a cranky, grouchy baby and mostly likes to play with herself. A few years go by and things don’t get much better and with their parents not getting along how will the two sisters get along in a car crammed together for a 24-hour trip to Colorado….

The author of this book is Raina Telgemeier who tells the stories of her life through her writing, which unfolds her experiences with siblings. Raina is also the amazing author of Smile and Drama so if you like Sisters, then you should really go check out those books too.

I recommend this book to people who have siblings because I think that they can make some personal connections throughout the book. There is no age limit for this book because you can always refresh a few childhood memories. I rate this book 5 stars because I feel like this book reflects me and my brother’s lives. We fight and make up then we fight and still make up.

So if you like this book review then run down to the next library and get this book. I promise this will remind you of your child hood or if you don’t have siblings this will ensure you that you don’t want siblings.


REVIEW BY: Veera   

5 comments:

  1. Star: The hook you created was really good and interesting.
    Star: I liked how you provided the characters and added descriptive words.
    Wish: I wish you could add some connection in the book review. -Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good hook!
    used good descriptive words!
    I wish it was a bit shorter
    by: Hailey 8C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone should read this definitely, you learn a lot about what it takes to have a sibling. You gave enough information that I understand what it's about and not giving away random unnecessary parts. I wish you would consider more punctuation.
    by Ghia 8B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great question at the start, it makes me think that the book is made to remember your child hood

    Good Information about the book but like Ghia I wish you didn't throw in unnecessary parts about the book.

    Furthermore, I wish that you made a better and more interesting hook.

    Good Job Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
  5. star: I like that you described the character (Amara)really well, also the author.
    star: I like where you wrote I recommend this book to people who has siblings, also the rating.by kamaldeep
    wish: I wish you had a longer hook also that give more information about the book.

    ReplyDelete