Thursday 3 March 2016

Sunnyside Up By Jennifer L. Holm

Sunnyside Up
Author: Jennifer L. Holm 

The book sunny side up takes place in the late 1970’s and the story takes place in the perspective of a ten-year-old girl whose name is Sunny.  Sunny is spending her summer at her grandfather’s seignior’s apartment in Florida California.

While sunny is staying at her grandfathers she starts to think back about her life in her home town and some of the problems her family was having like her brothers struggle with drugs, not being able to go on there regular family trip to Disneyland because of the problems her brother is having, and just the hole family being tense. 

As Sunny’s summer was not going as she wanted it to she meets a boy named Buzz who is the same age as Sunny.  Through Sunny's time at her grandfather’s Sunny and Buzz end up having some really fun times. As Sunny and Buzz are having another fun day Sunnys grandfather suggests to possibly to take Sunny on the trip to Disney land that she never got to go on. Will sunny get to go on the trip she never got to go on? will her brother beat his battle with drugs?

Read the book Sunnyside Up to find out.

I find that the book Sunnyside Up is a good book for kid’s twelve and up who are looking for a good Graphic novel to read. I found this book to be exiting at times and the story line makes you just want to keep reading.

Ian Lee

9 comments:

  1. Star: Ian, I like that you introduced the setting and the main story about the book.
    Star: I like that you suggested who should read the book.
    Wish: I wish you put is in suspense by adding a cliff hanger.
    By Yuan Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you put where the book takes place.
    Good honest recommendation.
    I wish you had more of a hook.
    By: Brandon(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian, you do a great job at explaining the story and not spoiling it and you describing the characters but I wish you would give a better hook and don't jump around just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star: I liked that you added the settings for the book.
    Star: you made the book sound really interesting.
    Wish: I wish you would add a rating for the book. -Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cliff hanger
    you had great punctuation
    I wish you had more of a hook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star: I like how you gave me lots of detail about the characters.
    Star: I love this book its so good, The write that you have made about this book makes me want to read this over and over.
    Wish: I wish that you would of made me think about more situations in this book.
    Great job Ian !!!
    By. J.R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star: I like how you described all charters in all ways
    Star: This book is really interesting and makes you keep on reading it.
    wish: I wish you hade a more of a good hook.
    BY JOHN

    ReplyDelete
  8. good cliff hanger made me wanna read the book
    no wish good job
    5/5 stars good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. star: You made me interested in the book
    star: You told a lot about the main character
    Wish: I wish that you added a cliff hanger
    -Kesha

    ReplyDelete